At the present time, accessing the internet is easier than ever before. This can lead the people to misuse it for sure but as a matter of fact, not everyone is misusing it. According to a study, the youngsters of the age group arranging from 12 to 21 make use of social media, more than anybody else. Here we are going to discuss the positive as well as negative impacts of the social media on youngsters.
How can social media influence the youth positively?
There are lots of right things the children can do with their social media accounts, some of which are following:
- The youngsters can stay in touch with their far away friends and can have good friends for life this way.
- The youth can know through social media what is happening around them. Not just around them, the social media let you know what is happening all over the world. This can add to your children’s knowledge, which is a really good thing.
- Social media for sure proffers you the entertainment through various ways. For instance, if someone is studying for so long and feeling bored, he/she can post a few things to have a good time.
- Social media platforms allow the youngsters to express themselves in whatever way they want.
- Through the social media platforms, the youngsters can develop the social skills as they can make lots of friends from all over the world and buy twitter followers cheap, having same choices and interests as theirs.
- If your children are having vacations, the social media allows them to stay in touch with their peers and in this way, they can enjoy a good time, while sitting at home.
How can social media influence the youth negatively?
There are a few ways in which the social media can influence the youngsters negatively.
- The first thing that needs to be mentioned here is that when the youngsters start using social media a lot, they become addicted to it as it becomes their first priority instead of family or studies.
- The people try to portray themselves in a false manner.
- The trend of making fake accounts is one the top, which isn’t a right thing at all.
- Being included by other people, a few may feel that they need to change and to do that, they adopt the negative ways.
- It can be the reason for sidetracking the youth for the reason that it can become a sort of addiction, as mentioned above, for most of the teenagers.
Social media impacts on youth – concluding remarks
So, in conclusion, we can say that the social media can have positive or the negative impacts on the young generation. All it depends on how one uses it. Being a parent, we should keep an eye on our children and should direct them to the right path by telling them the difference between good and bad as the social media platforms can assist the young generation to prosper in various ways.